From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting To Know You...Part Seven

Today we are interviewing Colleen Scott

FF: How long have you been writing?

I have loved writing since elementary school. I started writing fiction about ten years ago. It started with an idea that woke me up in the middle of the night. Three novels later, I can comfortably say, I’m addicted.

FF: What genre do you write in?

I write for the CBA. Most of my books are romantic suspense, but the first book I wrote could is more of a romantic comedy.

FF: Tell us a little bit about your story in the anthology.

The title of the story is The “I Do” Blues. It’s about a woman who is engaged to marry one man, but is in love with another. She has lost her family, and will do anything to keep the family ranch.

When her first love comes to town to walk her down the aisle, she must make a crucial decision. Marry someone you don’t love and keep your family memories and property, or marry the man you love, and lose it all.

FF: Are you currently working on a novel?

Yes, and I’m having a lot of fun. The title of the book is A Matter Of Conviction. It’s about a woman who is thrown in prison for a crime she didn’t commit. When she escapes prison she unknowingly accepts help from a ex-convict out on parole. Together, they must evade the police and find out who really committed the murder she was convicted for.

FF: Best/worst advice you’ve received?

The best advice I’ve received is to write the nifty two-fifty. The first conference I went to I attended a class offered by James Scott Bell. He recommended writing at least two hundred fifty words a day. When I follow this advice I usually end up writing a whole lot more. The worst advice? That’s a hard one. When faced with negative comments or unhelpful advice, I try to see if I can learn from it. If not, I disregard it.

FF: Any other information you want your readers to know?

Currently, I don’t have a website or blog. But as things progress, that will be in the works. I am on facebook, and I also enjoy hearing from readers at cscott36@juno.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter