From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Writing Space of One's Own

I've been struggling with finding the perfect place to do my writing.  I like to write at home, but between the kids, phone, temptations of surfing, and the beckoning piles of laundry, I find that I'm not productive there, let alone prolific.  The library is a good place to write for a while, but it lacks some of the creature comforts I need when I'm writing.  A lot of people write in coffee shops, which I'm not at all opposed to, but haven't tried.

Here's my ideal environment for writing:
1.  Mostly quiet with low background noise or music, preferably classical.  (Music with words messes up my train of thought.)

2.  A comfortable chair with some kind of cushioning or padding.  The ultimate seating arangement also allows me to put my feet up as desired.

3.  At least some natural light.

4.  Coffee, iced tea, or water nearby.

What about you?  Where are you most productive or creative?  What do you need in a writing space?

1 comment:

  1. My perfect writing space is on the beach in Bali ;)

    Ok, seriously, I like a quiet space, with an inspiring view - like a garden. Laptop, ice water and mini Reese's cups complete the picture. Music optional (depends on my mood).

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter