From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fatal February - A Review

"It's John Grisham in spiked heels." Was the quote from another reviewer. As a fan of John Grisham I was too curious to let this review request go by. When I review a book I look at it in three different levels. First, the opening line...does it draw me in? The second thing I look at is the characters...do I care enough about them to keep reading? Finally, I look for plot and how the characters are woven into the plot.

Fatal February is written by Barbara Levenson. It is set in Miami-Dade, Florida, the author has lived in Florida and has experience as a prosecutor and and with the circuit courts. This experience shows throughout the entire book.

Now...onto the review. The opening line was fantastic. I immediately wanted to know more. Her
lead character Mary Macgruder Katz was a fun and intelligent woman. I found myself cheering for her throughout the whole book. The plot was nicely woven, and even surprised me a little in the end.

If you want a good mystery, filled with fun characters, that is an easy read, I would highly recommend Fatal February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter