From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What are your writing goals for March?

You can't see or feel it, but time is slipping away.

February has all too quickly become March, so take a moment to evaluate the progress you’ve made on the writing goals you made in January.

I have discovered that if you don't take a step back once in a while, months have a way of disappearing without any visible progress. Before you know it, December has arrived and your book still isn't finished.

The best way to make sure that you make consistent progress is to cultivate two habits:

1. Track your progress at the end of each month.
2. Create deadlines for finishing specific tasks for the next month.

It's easy to do both of these things if you list your accomplishments during the previous month on a sheet of paper and hang it on your wall where you can glance at it (often) and feel good about what you’ve accomplished. Likewise, commit your upcoming month’s writing goals to paper and hang them on the wall next to your accomplishments.

How you do this is up to you...use a calendar (online or printed), type out a list or jot it down on the back of a napkin. But make sure you keep them so you can look back at the end of the year to see how far you've come.

Don't let 2011 slip by, take control of your goals now.

Leave a comment and let use know how you stay on track with your goals.

2 comments:

  1. Michele, what an excellent topic! I find myself feeling a bit morose, thinking some of these same thoughts. Here it is - March already - and all too soon several more months will have slipped through my fingers. Where, indeed, does the time go? Seems I have so little to show for it. I have to admit: I have completely fallen off the writing bandwagon and all of my good intentions and resolutions have fallen to ash. However, your post inspires me. I will revisit my goals and dust them off. Maybe even write a sentence or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use an iPhone app called Streaks so I can track day where I wrote versus days when I completely slacked off. March will be a good month for me. I will finish the first draft of my book.

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter