From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

Monday, July 9, 2012

Blog Noveling

When I was in college, while bored in my Philosophy class in sophomore year, I started writing a story about a girl named Liz McLancy, the second oldest of seven kids.  At the time, I didn't know what I was writing.  I knew the McLancy family was having a reunion.  I knew Liz didn't want to go home for said reunion due to a scarred past.

Other than that...I had no idea.

Fast forward to the summer after graduation and I am still working on that novel, writing almost every day.  I finish it by the end of the summer, and a month or so later I start revising it.  This would become the first novel I would send into the world.

I stopped, though, because a year later, my writing voice and style had changed SO much that it didn't sound like me anymore.  And I also realized that there wasn't a huge market for the story of a radical cult in the YA market right now (on top of that, I wasn't 100% certain it WAS Young Adult).

I've been wanting to re-revise this novel for some time now.  It holds a special place in my heart and is almost constantly in the back of my mind.  And so...I'm blogging this novel as I fix it.

Yeah.  You heard right.

http://www.northebattletothestrong.blogspot.com


I will be posting the novel sequentially, chapter by chapter (or, as it is, parts of chapter by parts of chapter) until you have the full novel.  A FREE NOVEL!  On a BLOG!

I'm very excited about this project!

I'll be posting parts of the novel on Mondays and Wednesdays, and some Fridays.  On other Fridays, I'll be posting little "behind the scenes"-esque posts about the characters, the idea, the research...answering your questions...anything.

Also, if you go and "like" my Facebook author page, you will be certain to get word of the new parts going up as soon as they happen!

I hope to see you around my blog novel and I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter