From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Book Review: I Now Pronounce You Someone Else

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else
I Now Pronounce You Someone Else


by Erin McCahan

Synopsis:

Seventeen-year-old Bronwen Oliver doesn't just want a family. She has one of those, and there's nothing terribly wrong with them apart from bickering grandparents, an image-obsessed mother and a brother she describes simply as Jesus. But there's no natural sense of connection between Bronwen and her family, leaving her with the belief -- and the hope -- that she was switched at birth, that she was never supposed to be Bronwen Oliver but someone else entirely.
When she begins dating college senior Jared Sondervan, she finds herself thoroughly embraced by the loving family she has always wanted and does not hesitate to say yes when Jared proposes on her 18th birthday. Plans for the Perfect Beach Wedding before her junior year of college become plans for the Perfect Beach Wedding before her freshman year of college. And a wedding so soon isn't exactly what Bronwen wants. But Jared is. And his family is. So why the sudden hesitation?
Before Bronwen can determine what she truly wants, she must first determine two things – who she truly is and who she truly wants to be. And the answers are not what she thought they’d be.
My thoughts:

The cover of this book drew me in and after reading the much edited wedding invitation on the back cover I knew I had to read this book. At once I connected with the main character Bronwen because during my teenage years I often felt as if I had to be switched at birth and there was no way I fit in with the rest of my oh so perfect family. From that point on I couldn't put down the book and was extremely invested in Bronwen's personal struggle to find out just who she was, where she would end up and what the fall out would be.

-Michele Buchholz

1 comment:

Stat Counter