From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Date, A Very Important Date



Now that my course is set for Annaheim, CA this July and I have nothing more to do than twiddle my thumbs as I cross the days off my calendar (yeah right), I just had to go enroll for another engagement in the mean time.


As if I didn't have enough stress waiting for March 26th to find out if I've made it to the final round of the RWA Golden Heart Contest; I signed up, through COFW, for a pitch appointment with an agent.  I get seven, yep count 'em, seven minutes to impress this agent with my story line. *Panic* 


No small feat there. *Deep Breath*  March 17th I have a date, a very important date.



Thankfully, a very professional 'pitch sheet' was provided by the sponsoring organization.  That in itself helped me to whittle down my thoughts and story line to their core. This Saturday the lovely ladies of Fiction Flurry have generously donated the second half of our regular meeting time to practice pitch sessions!  Since there will be three of us pitching to different agents and editors on the 17th, we were all in agreement that some practice was in order. 


So, anyone out there have any sage advice they'd like to pass along?  Funny stories about their first pitches?   We'd all love to hear it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter