From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

From Adults to Teens and Everything In Between

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Writing Tip Wednesday - Keeping Motivated

Today is writing-tip Wednesday. The day of the week where we offer a bit of writing advice. Although we are all on various parts of our writing journey, we have all found that we can learn from each other.

Today I am going to focus on motivation. Sometimes it's hard to sit down everyday and complete an entire chapter, or write that synopsis. Whatever large project that might be hanging over your head, the task becomes easier if you break it down into small segments.

I received this writing tip at a writer's conference that I attended in Philadelphia. It's called the nifty-two-fifty! Each day write 250 words. When you break it down, it's really only one page. Multiply your nifty-two-fifty by the number of days in the year and you will have a 365 page novel completed in one year.

Good Luck, and happy writing!

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, this is an excellent piece of advice, and one which I truly need to adhere to! So often I find that "daily life" consumes so much of my time that when I sit down to write, there's no time left! If I could just focus myself on the small steps - and not pounding out a novel in a night (HA!) - I would get there. Sure and steady wins the race :) Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter